Friday, May 30, 2014

Saturday Night Vegan Date Night

I am going to stray slightly off from the direction that I was heading in my overall arc and talk about a slightly different topic.

We recently transitioned ourselves from two properties into one.  As maybe you know I am a contractor in the St. Louis area and enjoy creative endeavors when it comes to home remodeling.

We decided that we will end up in Panama City Beach part time in the near future, that time is not now.  So we decided to bring the beach home to St. Louis!

But aside from that what I really want to talk about is this new Saturday Night Vegan Date Night we've embarked upon.

A couple weeks ago we talked about the idea of attempting a new vegan recipe every Saturday night along with a bottle of white wine.

Sunday through Friday we have the menu down which pretty much equates to a routine.  It makes things efficient considering out work schedule and most importantly it makes stay on course with being Vegan.

So the past couple Saturday Nights have been fun and different.  We don't know the first thing about wine so the only requirement is to pick up a bottle with a unique and interesting label.  If it tastes good it's a bonus.  Btw - we're just doing whites for the time being.

So the first week we chose to do tamales and we used the recipe by the Peaceful Dumpling.

HMMM  HMMM good is all I can say!  A lot of work, but it was fun team effort.

I used to be one tamale loving fella and this really worked well for me.

The second week we chose a  Taco Salad with Cilantro-Lime Dressing out of the Forks Over Knives Cook Book which worked really well since there was some left overs from the previous weeks dinner of black beans and pinto beans which I was able to utilize.

One thing I did determine is that I am going to need a food processor.  I fully realize a blender is not for my patience level.  I can cook all day long but when it is time for a tool to do something it better do.  Go big or go home I always say.

So I am going onto the quest of researching a food processor.  Not just any food processor.  I will go without before I buy one just to say I have one.  But the CADILLAC of food processors.

You know...Options!  Strength!  Easy to Clean!  Strength!  Large Capacity and in case you missed it...a strong motor!

If anyone has a recommendation for a food processor I sure would love your input.

Also if you have any suggestions for tomorrow's date night dinner, please share!

Have a great weekend!!

And the side benefit to all of this is that our new fish gets to eat once a week!




No comments:

Post a Comment