Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Day I Became a Different Person

October 6th, 2013...

226 Days...

7 Months, 14 days...

I have been 100% Vegan.

Why?

I have always been suspect of the food system in this country - United States of America.

Although, I love the country and the freedom, I always thought the food system was shady to say the least.

So, one day (October 6th, 2013 2:00 PM to be exact) I decided it was time to flip the channel from the home St. Louis Rams to something else while I waited for the 3:15 start of the Dallas Cowboys game.

What did I chose to pass the time with?  Forks Over Knives.

I watched a half an hour before putting it on pause.  (Cowboys are coming on, remember)

I stood up and walked into the room occupied by my wife as she tooled around on her computer.

I said, "I'm done.  That's it."

She looked up me with a WTH look.

"I am not eating another piece of crap again."

After the Cowboys game I started Forks Over Knives again and we both watched.

Once it was over, my journey was only beginning.

This is my story, my thoughts, the Voice of a Vegan...


No comments:

Post a Comment