Friday, July 11, 2014

Beer and Water

Beer and water are the only two things I drink these days.  (Not in that order - water and beer just doesn't have the same ring to it)

For many years I drank the 44 ounce soda from a fountain.  That would be my first stop of the day on the way to work.

Which is funny because I grew up with an uncle that loved Pepsi - drank it by the 2 litre (what were they called before litres?)  He owned a landscaping company and I worked with him from a very young age.

I swear back then I KNEW that soda was not good.  I knew before, even before all my college classes on the body, that the soda would spike your body with sugar and then it would be deflated.

Mind you, this was back also when the soda was carbonated water, sugar and food coloring.  Not the scientific petri dish a bottle of soda is today.

Back then I knew better.  I drank water all day long.  That was it.  At home, I would drink milk - as I was a 'growing boy'.  But that was it back then.  Water and Milk.

Spring forward and for some reason soda entered my life.  Gallons and gallons of soda.

Then one day I had enough of it and said to heck with this.  (Those that know me well enough knows better than that I would use a PG saying like that - but I don't know you loyal reader well enough yet)

I switched to coffee.

First it was a full pot of coffee.  I would take two large travel mugs with me every day.  I would drink em both (was never a fan of HOT coffee so this didn't matter)

Then after the coffee it was water.

Coffee til 10 AM.  Water until 4.  Beer from 5 - 8ish.  Big huge glass of milk or two and then to bed.

Last October 6th (2013) this vegan thing takes over my mind and I have been 100% vegan since then.

Instead of MILK I went to Coconut milk.  And for some reason I went to 1/2 pot of coffee per day.  I only had to take ONE mug with me each morning - yahh!

About two months ago decided to go caffeine free.  No thoughts, no delays just decided to do it - or more importantly not do it anymore.

Since then it's been beer, water and coconut milk...until this past week.  Coconut is out the window as well.

Now it's just beer and water.


No comments:

Post a Comment